Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tiny cheesecake I

After securing the cutest mini cake tins from a secret store in the East, I excitedly tried making a mini 12cm cheesecake this morning. It turned out looking not THAT appetising/ pretty (cos of the ridged and collapsed top portion) but it was prob one of the better cakes I've made! I'd say the texture falls somewhere btwn that of a typical dense cheesecake and a light FIESTA cheesecake - prob closer to the latter :)

Each little slice can be gobbled up in one mouthful - and my mini cake yielded a total of 6 bite-sized pieces. We easily finished half the cake as a late morning snack when it was still warm :) I'd definitely be making more of these little (and somewhat healthier) treats and experimenting with other flavours!

 玉兔s over the moon ha (originally Easter Bunny decorations compliments of C)

 Ripped off the parchment paper on the side


 Cute tiny slices of cake - the book was translated from a Japanese one. But of course, who else wld come up with recipes for such dainty little cakes? ;)


On a food-related note, we came across a surprise ice-cream find while lunching near our church today - this place called the Ice Cream Gallery. I had a scoop of their sea salt caramel (with toasted almonds) and earl grey with fig (both were REALLY creamy and flavourful). Yay to a another good ice-cream place near us!

No comments: